Binding off...

Good news: I am binding off on the Japanese Feather and Fan shawl!

Bad news: I have been binding off for the past four days. And I'm still binding off...

Japanese Feather and Fan half circle lace knitted shawl in green Pine color Buffalo Gold Lux cashmere bison yarn


Truth be told I haven't been knitting for a whole lot of time these past four days, but this is certainly the longest row I've ever had to knit. I had been knitting this shawl wildly for the past week or so, but the bindoff is killer. Besides having 350+ stitches, the bind off pattern goes like this:

Cast on 2 stitches.
P1, P2tog, turn.
P2.
Repeat last two rows until all stitches are bound off.


So each set of two rows, I am binding off one stitch. Which means, this bindoff row is essentially four times as many stitches as my last row!! That means...
1400 stitches!
Can you believe it? I'm not sure if I'll ever get this shawl done!

Japanese Feather & Fan Shawl in laceweight buffalo bison yarn


~Joyuna

3 comments:

  1. You are brave! The shawl is beautiful so it will definitely be well worth all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... another sucker for intricate (tedious) patterns! It's gorgeous
    myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete